Garageband dubstep Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jmanp17, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jmanp17 macrumors member

I have garageband 3.03 (06 Version) and I'm trying to make a dubstep song. I need to do that thing with the bass where it slows and speeds, but where you can turn up the track volume there is no speed setting so you can speed up and slow down parts of the track. HELP!!

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

As far as I know you can only automate tempo for the whole project. Though you could do a project containing only the bass and then export as an audio file and import it to your main project.

3. hiatus, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

hiatus macrumors newbie

do you have the wobble made already? and all you need to do is add a speed filter to it?

try highlighting the track, and go to the "edit" section on the far right. click "add effect" then go to "automatic filter" and then click "manual".

then, go back over to you're track and click "add automation" and choose "speed"

try not to take the speed too high, as it will distort the sound.

hope this helps. if you are more of a visual learner, try checkin out the garageband dubstep tutorials on youtube. sometimes they dont explain exactly what button they are clicking or what they are doing, but you can just pause and go back to whatever part you missed.