Garageband - Editing Panning for Tracks (Using Keyframes?)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Rapmastac1, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Ok, so I have been using Garageband for a while and I love it, and I learn new things about it everyday. One thing I noticed that either it doesn't have the ability to do or I don't know how to do is time related effects.

What I want to do is have controls like adjusting the volume for the track, where you drag around lines and stuff. So Lets say I have a loop that is repeated a number of times (dragged out) and I want it to start out on the left speaker and then using keyframes (Or handles) or whatever and drag the line slowly up or down to the right speaker at the end of the loop. So it sounds like the sound is moving from left to right.

I would like to do the same thing with flanging and stuff like that, is this possible. I was able to do this in the days of the Music TV Music Generator, it was really simple. You just dragged around lines depending on the effect you had selected. I don't like using the auto pans and stuff like that. I prefer a method much like the fading and un fading of the volume via handles for each track/loop.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Garageband has both volume and pan automation, click on the little arrow in the control panel for any track and it'll open up the automation tracks, just click the line at the point you want to make the change and then drag that point about.

Easy stuff, bit crude, but so is garageband.