Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhexima

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
When I try to export my project out to a saved file, one of my tracks (a "Real" instrument track / GB-included loop sample), for some reason that specific track/loop is muted for the two measures or so, before it comes in. The rest of the tracks come out fine, and the project plays correctly in Garageband. Anyone have any idea why that particular track wouldn't come in at the beginning? I notice this problem also shows up in the mix preview (that you can hear in QuickLook).

There are only 4 tracks in this, it lasts about 4 seconds or less, though I am using a decent number of effects (probably 4 or 5 per track). I'm on a new iMac, so I doubt it's the processing power.

theapex

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2008
maybe a noob question....but oh well

how do you add effects using garage band? i use logic and very rarely even open garage band...but I didn't know you could use effects.

nhexima

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Make sure the Track Info panel on the right side is open (you can open it from the Track menu, or click the "i" button next to the volume slider). Under Details you can modify your track effects.

I still haven't figured out the exporting problem though, it's pretty annoying.

zosoaudo007

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2007
When I try to export my project out to a saved file, one of my tracks (a "Real" instrument track / GB-included loop sample), for some reason that specific track/loop is muted for the two measures or so, before it comes in. The rest of the tracks come out fine, and the project plays correctly in Garageband. Anyone have any idea why that particular track wouldn't come in at the beginning? I notice this problem also shows up in the mix preview (that you can hear in QuickLook).

There are only 4 tracks in this, it lasts about 4 seconds or less, though I am using a decent number of effects (probably 4 or 5 per track). I'm on a new iMac, so I doubt it's the processing power.

A simple "solution" to fix your exporting problem for this specific project. Just drag all the regions over 2 measures so the project starts after the 2nd measure! Exporting should come out fine then. It doesn't fix the issue, but you should get a sound file, at least.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the issue is. I use Logic mostly, but MIDI has common characteristics in all/most programs. If it is a MIDI loop try moving the region around a bit. In Logic, sometimes I will come in with a MIDI note too early in the project (i.e. play the note before the record head gets to the first measure) and when I export/bounce I hear nothing.

With MIDI if you come in too early with a note in the project, it might play in garageband, but not when you export it. Try editing the MIDI in the loop to make sure it is not coming in too early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.