GarageBand Help PLease!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tripleaaa, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tripleaaa macrumors newbie

Hey everyone... probably really basic but this is driving me insane!!!!

i want to edit a song in garageband (just cut out some parts act so its not as long)... so i open up a new project and open it using a 'loops' project... not sure if that was the correct thing to do, maybe thats my problem...

anyways... i open it up and drag the song from iTunes to garageband...

i play around with it, make all the edits act and it sounds exactly as i want it to....

original song was 5min, after i edited it was 1min20sec...

when i 'export to disc' to save it as an mp3 in my iTunes it imports it but the song isn't the exact same.... its exports it to 2min20sec every single time....

i don't know what i'm doing incorrect....

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

2. DrewJM macrumors newbie

Hi there,

On the garageband screen, look at your track. Scroll to right far beyond where your track ends, you will see a little arrow in the ruler at the top. Drag that all the way to where your track ends. It will export the song to that length.

Hope that does it.

3. tripleaaa thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't get it!!!

i tried but its still doing the same thing..

its like the part i edited at the beginning of the song doesn't get cut from the song when i export to iTunes....

anyone else have any suggestions???

4. rjbruce macrumors regular

Make sure your track starts at "1" on the ruler. If it doesn't, you'll need to drag the track to the left until it starts at the "1". If the dead air is at the end, you'll want to move the arrow at the end of the ruler up to the end of the track like DrewJM mentioned.