Garageband Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grimwwr, Mar 16, 2011.

1. grimwwr macrumors member

I am a newbie to Mac and Garageband and am currently trying to learn the software. I have been searching all over the internet and garageband but can't find an answer and I'm sure there must be one.

My question is that I need a metronome count-off at the beginning of a track. I DO NOT need the count-in that starts a measure BEFORE the recording, but I would like to manually add one INTO the recording. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

I don't have Garage Band to test it right now, therefore I can only think of Audio Hijack Pro to record the metronomic sound. Then you have to add the resulting sound file to Garage Band.

3. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

Here's how I would do it:

1. Make sure there is enough blank space prior to the beginning of any of the tracks.
    2. Create a new track for software instruments.
    3. Create some clicks (using some percussion sound and a MIDI device or the virtual keyboard), that follows the beats in the 1st measure through the 1st beat of the 2nd measure (don't fret if it's not perfect; it's easy to slide the notes around).
    4. Slide the count-in forward until the last beat matches up with the 1st beat of the 1st measure (you can then delete the last beat, since it's only needed to help line things up).

There may be other ways to do it, but that's how I would add one to an existing song.