Garageband Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pbrown1224, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pbrown1224 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I've successfully figured out how to import mp3s to garageband with little difficulty, and I've become decent as using garagband as a whole. However, I was trying to do something today, and I couldn't figure out how to do it, or if it was even possible. What I'm trying to do is manipulate an imported mp3 to either remove the background instruments, or the vocals. That way I could put lyrics to different beats, and used the background instruments in different ways as well. If anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

It's difficult to remove vocals from mp3s, however there a guide for Audacity which may give you limited success: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=editing&i=remove-vocals

When I want to do some karaoke/editing with songs in Garageband, I download midi files and import them - the selection of virtual instruments really does make them sound pretty great! :)

As for removing the background music and leaving the vocals. . I have no idea. :confused: