Garageband iCloud problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cfbnsw, Jan 30, 2014.

1. cfbnsw macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have a Macbook Pro, OSX version 10.9, bought in Nov 2013
    It came with Garageband 6.0.5 and I downloaded the latest version of Garageband (10.0.1) thinking it would be better - but alas, for me I much prefer the older version.
    Now to my question......

I want to store my GB 6.0.5 files on iCloud but when I go to the iCloud setup it only shows the later GB (10.0.1) version in the list of app's to tick, and so I cant save my 6.0.5 projects on iCloud.
    I wanna keep the newer version for now (I think..) in case I use it sometime. ie retain both versions on my macbook.
    How do I get 6.0.5 onto the iCloud app list ????? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

AFAIK, if you want to use icloud you'll need to upgrade to the latest version of garageband. I think apple has updated its services to require the latest version.

Did you delete the newer version of garageband and retry to save to iCloud, you can always redownload it from MAS if you need it.

3. cfbnsw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Mike
    I wondered if that was the case - that icloud allows the newer version only to use icloud.
    I haven't tried deleting the new version. That's the next step, but if Apple wants to muck people around like this, I will probably just use google drive.

4. Brian K macrumors newbie

GarageBand 6.0.5

MAS as of today states it is NOT available

----------

MAS as of today states it is NOT available - any ideas how I can reinstall this legally?
    Thanks