GarageBand iPad instruments question

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Italianblend, May 15, 2011.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Hi, I've never had a copy of GarageBand until I downloaded the iPad app. Wile it's fun and easy to use, I am concerned about the lack of instruments.

I am especially looking for a pipe organ or church organ sound. I cannot manipulate the rock organs to sound like a pipe organ.

I was wondering if this is just a limitation of the iPad app, and this is available on other versions of the software. Is it possible to download more instrument sounds for the iPad version of GarageBand.

I would also like more orchestral instruments and was surprised there are none to be found!

Thanks for any help.

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

One has to remember that the app is called Garage Band. Not too many church or pipe organs are in any garage band I've heard. Same goes with orchestra instruments. I recall another thread where someone was lamenting over the lack of a horn section in this app. I offer the same explanation. Sure, there are some such bands that have a trumpet or a sax (or a violin for "orchestra"), but not many. I think the app has stayed true to the concept.

That said, I figure there may soon enough be an iPad app that includes much more. Maybe not, but I look forward to it.

Mike

3. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Had I have known that my response would have been a bit different.

I like that Jam Pack. I am thinking that they may offer some sort of paid update someday to offer more instrumentation. I know I'd buy it! :)

Mike

5. handsome pete macrumors 68000

I've heard plenty. It's called an electronic keyboard. ;)

6. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Remember GarageBand for iPad is pretty new and that all e media for the different instruments take up a lot of space for a mobile device. They may make such jam packs available in the future for the iPad version as an in-app purchase.

If you have access to a real pipe organ, you can sample the notes on it and assign the sounds to keys on the iPad version of GarageBand. I know I read something where someone used it so he could play his violin in GarageBand.