Garageband issues - lots of software instruments sound the same :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EmptyG, Jul 26, 2007.

1. EmptyG macrumors regular

Hi all...

So I installed garageband and all it's jam packs that I have. Then I followed some instructions and moved the loops to an external hard drive.

Everything seem to be OK, but I found a problem - when I create a new track and use a software insturment, many of them sound the same. I thought I was missing something, but even the drum sounds now all sound like organs :(

I did recently buy a MIDI controller (an Edirol PC-50) but took it back, didn't really like it much. But I did uninstall the driver and unmapped the MIDI control from Audio MIDI setup in Utilites. Still the same problem.

Any idea what happened? I even uninstalled Garageband and reinstalled it along with all the jampacks, but it still sounds the same.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. SHZA macrumors newbie

Same Problem...............

Hey EmptyG, did you ever solve this problem? I tried to load all the jampacks, they too all sound like an organ. Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

If you are aware of a solution please keep me posted
    Josh_shapiro@hotmail.com

thx

Josh

3. heyjude421 macrumors newbie

try this - it worked for me, as well

4. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but........................:D

Just as well Max Weinberg didn't rely on Garageband, Born to Run wouldn't quite have been the same.

5. SHZA macrumors newbie

One more stupid question.......

Ok so I moved all of the sounds around, and now they work. But all of the drum loops from the jam packs are gone. What folder SHOULD they be in?

Thanks Jude for the response, that was driving me crazy. Organs Everywhere!

Shza

www.myspace.com/awarriornation