Garageband issues

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JackBP, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JackBP macrumors newbie

Hello all
    My garageband has recently started to act up. I like to plug my electric guitar straight into the computer and record, which is now impossible. There is a 3 second delay everytime i try to record something. Also, when i simply try to play a track ive previously made, its playback is choppy, slow, and ultimately useless.

Any recommendations or advice as to what the problem is and how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I could also give more specific details if needed.

2. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Is your processor pegging (red triangle)? If so, a reboot would be the first plan of action.

Other questions: have you installed anything recently that correlates with the issues? Thinking applications or updates via Apple.

3. JackBP thread starter macrumors newbie

No the processor isnt pegging.

And the problem has been going on for a couple months now, and ive only just had a big enough urge to deal with it. So....to my knowledge i havent added any applications or anything like that. Sorry to be so vague, im not very good with computers.

4. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Its doubtful that you've gone a few months without applying ANY application or system updates, so try going to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility.app and running a "Repair Disk Permissions" on your hard drive, and then restart the compy.

5. JackBP thread starter macrumors newbie

Alrighty will do. Thanks

and i told you i know nothing about computers haha