Garageband missing after re-installed of Mac osx

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eric325, Feb 20, 2008.

1. eric325 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I am very new to mac and still learning on it by the day. Hope i can some help here. I re-installed leopard 10.5 and later update to 10.52. The problem is after the update i notice that my garageband is missing. Can someone direct me to where have i gone wrong and how do i get it back.
    Thanks in advance and all help deeply appreciated.

2. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

Did you reinstall iLife as well? GarageBand is part of that, just as for example iPhoto which I guess is also missing.

3. eric325 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess i did not. How do i re-install iLife. I know it sound retard for asking that. Please bear with me. Thanks..

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Insert disc 2 of the restore discs that came with your mac. I think iLife is under Optional Instals or something like that.

5. eric325 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. tsd macrumors regular

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Also, did you know that your Mac came with complementary phone support for 90 days? Since Garageband is an Apple product, they will walk you through the steps to solve any problem(s) you have over the phone. They'll even teach you how to use it over the phone!

7. eric325 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to tsd,swiftaw and bobby. I did got it fix and everything is running fine.You guys were alot of help. THANKS again and have a good day.

8. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular