GarageBand on iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crovali, Oct 16, 2011.

1. crovali macrumors member

I bought the iPhone 4s on Friday (my first Apple product) and I was wondering why it doesn't come with GarageBand. Being a musician, I have read about different products like the Apogee JAM Guitar Input that you can plug into a Mac, iPad, or iPhone to record music and this was a feature I was quite excited about....but it is nowhere to be found. I searched the app store (maybe not very thoroughly) and I couldn't find it, atleast none made by Apple. I would like to get this app. Help?

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Is only available for iPad as far as I know , never play with it on my iPad tho, sorry for the disappointment

3. crovali thread starter macrumors member

"With Apogee's Jam, you can plug your guitar directly into your iPad, iPhone, or Mac..." hmmm well thats a disappointment....guess I need a different program then. any suggestions?

4. roccobladr macrumors 6502

there are a few different apps that allow you to connect a guitar with a device into the input, but I found myself just getting a mac to use garageband. It would be tough to be able to use such a small screen for garageband I think. I did get the SynthStation app which you can connect to a midi synthstation keyboard that they make for it and that+macbook air has been my bread and butter of music creation. If you wanna just record some short licks and ideas I would just use your guitar/amp and a voice memo on the iphone.

5. crovali thread starter macrumors member