GarageBand prebuilt Drum Tracks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whitenoise, May 11, 2010.

1. whitenoise macrumors regular

I am going to be playing with garageband, but am very new to both the MBP and the program.

A group of old band members have decided we are gonna start practicing again, but we haven't got a drummer. (our old drummer became a judge, so he's far too busy and shouldn't be seen hanging around with the likes of us! :p ).

I'm just wanting to setup GB as a practice tool, with a decent representation of the drum tracks of a few cover versions we are gonna be trying out. I have taken a quick look and understand that GB can be used to create custom drum tracks. BUT.......

Is there a site that has prebuilt drum tracks of popular songs that could be used in this way, in GarageBand?

It would make my life so much easier if this was the case, I could simply get down to the business of learning the songs and not programming the damn drums. :rolleyes:

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Search around for MIDI files of the songs you want. Then drag-and-drop into Garageband and remove the tracks you don't want/need.

3. whitenoise thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm, great suggestion. Seems to be the answer, but I've just spent ages looking for free midi's of the songs and simply can't find any. :(

I was looking for Echo Beach - Martha & the Muffins, among others.....either my searching abilities suck or they just aren't out there.

I am almost thinking that it may just be as easy doing it myself. :eek: