garageband problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fezzaben, Jul 4, 2012.

1. fezzaben macrumors newbie

hi guys new to the forum and i wondered if any of you can help me, i have a late 2011 mbp 13 2.4ghz 4gb and all the usual crap to go with it. now i intended to use the mbp for garageband only to recently find out that i need a interface such as apogee. now my question im wanting to record my guitar but also have a friend sing. he has a yamaha 500s pa system. that he thinks will work with my mac. only issue i have is it going to be compatable. will the mac see it as an interface aswell.

idea is to plug a mic and guitar into the pa then let the mac record it so i can edit it

if anyone can help me id greatly appreciate it.

ben

2. jtabije macrumors newbie

Unless the PA system has a suitable output (ex. firewire, usb), you're going to need an interface. It doesn't have to be Apogee (even though they are excellent.). It just has to be Mac compatible.

What you are going to want to do is output your PA system to the interface, and from there, the interface will convert the analog signal into a digital one and send it to your computer for recording. One thing to note is that most interfaces on the market have built-in preamps so you won't need the PA.

All the best,
    J

3. fezzaben thread starter macrumors newbie

right the pa only has like 1/4 inputs and thats it can u recommend a half decent interface within a low budget