GarageBand question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Soundburst, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey everyone,

Say I take a bass drum loop sound of just the single drum hit. Then I take two individual symbols and place them and I mix and match my own little 4 bar drum phrase.

Is there a way to record this track and all it's separate audio samples ONTO another fresh blank track as one single audio track so that I've a full 4 bar audio phrase that I can then loop?

Thanks for any help :)

PS I guess this could also count for midi. If I record a midi piece is there a way to bus this midi track and it's data onto a fresh AUDIO track so I can then do another voice etc.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

It's been a while, but if you export the setup you've made, I believe it will be mixed down to an aac file that you can then import as a drum loop. Same with multiple midi tracks. Basically any tracks you make with GB.

Sorry I don't remember the exact steps, but via the menubar for GB, you should see an option to export to iTunes, then you can tell it what type of file to make.