garageband question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cuestakid, Jun 5, 2007.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

is it safe to delete the garageband loops folder if i am not using garageband at all-also there is a folder called iLife sound effects-what are they ?

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Getting rid of the loops should not affect the rest of Garage Band, however I believe a message will pop up every once in a while to let you know that they are missing. This happens to me, as I don't have the loops. As for your second question I am not sure.

3. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I believe this folder is stock music and sounds for using in presentations, slideshows, etc. For example, if you needed to make a slideshow and had absolutely no music on the computer, you could use the stock music or ocean sounds to add to the slideshow.

4. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Worth checking two places for loops, HD>Library>Audio and also HD>Library>Application Support>GarageBand, it would not be surprising if you found a gig of duplicated loops in both folders.

If you just want to get rid of junk you can also chuck out all your Printer Drivers, which also take up a gig, and redownload just the specific driver you need from the manufacturers site.

5. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

thank you to both of you-that answered my question