Garageband Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yr Blues, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I have a couple of songs that I recorded a long time ago on the first version of Garageband and they don't sound anywhere near the same on my current version. How can I resurrect my old files?

I have a Mediafire account and I can upload the songs there if anyone wants to help. Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are you talking about the exported audio files or the Garage Band project files?

Maybe changing your thread title to a more descriptive one might get you the right audience.

3. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

The project file. I didn't really know how to word the title. I wished I made some MP3s of them.

4. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

5. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Uninstall the Garageband version you have and install the one you used while making them.

6. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I've experienced the same thing, though not as noticeably as you say. You may need to simply remix your tracks a bit. Punch up the EQ on the Master Track and it will sound better than ever.

7. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah, I'll probably have to torrent an old ilife since I've upgraded (how many copies did I buy_sheesh)....all of the garageband synths sound different and some don't even load....

sux sh*t

8. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Which is why it's good to save install CDs/DVDs. If you have any old eMac/iMac install discs you can check those too since they include the ilife apps.