Garageband Ringtone Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whatchettb, Feb 7, 2008.

1. whatchettb macrumors newbie

My apologies if anyone else has had similar questions answered, but I have browsed and couldn't find it...

The tutorials online make using Garageband to make ringtones look extremely simple....

My problem is this: when i open iTunes and Garageband, and i drag a song from itunes into the Garageband window... It says "importing" for 2 seconds, and then nothing shows up in the garage band window...

I've tried this with songs i've bought off of itunes, songs i've downloaded, and songs from CD's i've burned... all with the same results...

i have the newest versions of itunes and garageband...

anyone know what's up?

thanks in advance...

so frustrating... my "podcasts" from my medieval history class transfer just fine and they show up as unprotected AAC files... the same as most of the music i am trying to move into garage band...

what is going on?

Thanks in advance for the help...

any ideas? nothing i've done has worked and a friend with the same macbook and software as me tried to screenshare with me, and couldn't figure it out (he's been doing it on his for a while)

2. eswank macrumors 6502

I've never had an issue when I drag and drop a song from iTunes to GarageBand.

When you drag and drop the song into GarageBand, have you looked through the whole timeline within GarageBand too see if you dragged it too far into the timeline?

Another way to help is to drag the song onto your desktop. Then try and import it into GarageBand. If that doesn't work try and drop it from the desktop to GarageBand.

I hope you find a solution.

3. whatchettb thread starter macrumors newbie

ok this is getting pretty crazy... doesn't work at all...

my friend has the same macbook with the same software as i do, and he screenshared with me and couldn't figure it out... he's been using his to make ringtones with no kinks...

i've tried everything i know how to do... any other suggestions?

4. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Try not dragging the files in from iTunes. Try dragging them in from Finder and see if that works.

5. whatchettb thread starter macrumors newbie

didn't work... this is so frustrating... anymore?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Make sure your desired song...

is imported to the iTunes Library, it must be in the Library then you can open GB "New Project" and then click on the song and drag it to GB and you'll be asked to LABEL your song; I usually label it as Nora's Ringtone, then make sure the song is no longer than 30 seconds, turn the volume up to your liking; click on SHARE and click on SEND RINGTONE TO iTunes; SYNC your iPhone and then assign the new ringtone to a contact and you should be "Good To Go!" Feel free to PM me and I can email you, if need be. :cool: