Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccardella

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
I've tried numerous mp3 files, dragging them into the "New Basic Track" area and all over, still won't open. Very frustrating, please help.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I've tried numerous mp3 files, dragging them into the "New Basic Track" area and all over, still won't open. Very frustrating, please help."

If you just can't get GB to open your mp3's, perhaps you ought to convert the mp3's to ".aif" format. I don't think GB will have any problems importing them.

A useful app for doing the conversions is the free "QTAmateur". You can find it here:
http://www.mikeash.com/software/qtamateur/

NOTE: QTAmateur hasn't been updated for a while, but it seems to run OK even in Lion. One thing to watch out for: because the app was never updated for Lion's ability to resize a window from any edge, it takes a little finesse to get the volume control on the lower-left corner to engage. But it still works.

When you export the mp3 file, I think the settings you want to use are 16-bit, 44.1khz, stereo. Make sure you add the extension ".aif" to the filename you want for export.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.