Garageband woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Southern, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Since updating iLife to the latest build as per Apple updates, sometimes Garageband refuses to start up, instead hanging with a sign saying "initialising" and then hanging indefinately. After forcing it to shut down multiple times, it suddenly gets the right idea and sorts itself out. Anyone having similar trouble or know how to fix this?

2. mrlunch macrumors newbie

mrlunch

I have the same problem. But I can never get GarageBand '08 to open. I have a new 20" iMac 24 running Leopard when I click on GB a dialog box appears saying "Initializing..." and I have to do a force quit. Any suggestions on what I can do to get this working?

3. hamer69 macrumors newbie

hamer69

Garageband (loops) not working

Hi all, are these problems related to the new Leopard??
    If you guys can also help me: Evrytime when I select a loop to e previewed, a box would appear saying something like I have to update . Then I clicked "Update", and when I previewed again, it says that "Installation is initiated" but nothing seems to be happenning??? Why??? Something to do with the program??? HELP!!!!!!! Please.:(:confused:

4. ProteusFinnerty macrumors newbie

I am also experiencing this problem with my new iMac. Please, if anyone knows how to activate the loop library from this state, what am I missing?

5. ProteusFinnerty macrumors newbie

Found a solution here that worked:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5822250

I'm now having trouble creating loops. and effects, but feel confident I can figure it out.

In short, open finder, find the folder containing the loops, and drag it to GarageBand, over the Loops eye icon. You should see a green plus sign, and from there can drop the files, and they will be added to your Loops Library.