iPad Garageband wont launch - hangs/crashes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yuenadan, Mar 26, 2012.

1. yuenadan macrumors newbie

yuenadan

I have Garageband 1.2 and an iPad 1 (64GB, 3G).

The app crashes semi-regularly when I use it, I assume because I just have an old iPad. But this isn't the big problem right now. The problem is that the app crashed, and now when I try to load it again, it either crashes as its starting up, or it says "Loading My Song 6" (the last song I was working on), and then hangs for a long time, then crashes.

I'm guessing that if I delete the app and then reinstall it, the app will start launching again. But then I would lose all the songs I've been working on. Is there a way to extract my songs (using iExplorer or some other method) before I reinstall the app? Or is there something else I could try, to get the app to launch? I've already tried rebooting the iPad a couple times.

The iPad is jailbroken, I have an iMac at home and a Windows 7 machine at work.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated - thanks.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Have you backed up your iPad? if so, you can restore your work. Try to backup before you resort to a reinstall of everything.

3. batotman macrumors 6502

Ios5? Most likely low memory issues. My iPad 1 crashed on everything until I reverted back to 4.3.3.

4. Annphibian macrumors newbie

Same problem

I didn't see a resolution to your problem...and I have the same issue. Did you get help?