iPad Garageband wont launch - hangs/crashes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yuenadan, Mar 26, 2012.

1. yuenadan macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2010
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I have Garageband 1.2 and an iPad 1 (64GB, 3G).

The app crashes semi-regularly when I use it, I assume because I just have an old iPad. But this isn't the big problem right now. The problem is that the app crashed, and now when I try to load it again, it either crashes as its starting up, or it says "Loading My Song 6" (the last song I was working on), and then hangs for a long time, then crashes.

I'm guessing that if I delete the app and then reinstall it, the app will start launching again. But then I would lose all the songs I've been working on. Is there a way to extract my songs (using iExplorer or some other method) before I reinstall the app? Or is there something else I could try, to get the app to launch? I've already tried rebooting the iPad a couple times.

The iPad is jailbroken, I have an iMac at home and a Windows 7 machine at work.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated - thanks.
  2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Have you backed up your iPad? if so, you can restore your work. Try to backup before you resort to a reinstall of everything.
  3. batotman macrumors 6502

Mar 14, 2012
    Ios5? Most likely low memory issues. My iPad 1 crashed on everything until I reverted back to 4.3.3.
  4. Annphibian macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2012
    Same problem

I didn't see a resolution to your problem...and I have the same issue. Did you get help?