Garageband ... WTF??!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itsjustmeee, Apr 8, 2011.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I was trying to figure out how to import a garageband song from my ipad 2 to garageband to my macbook pro. So if I'm understanding this right, the only way to do that is buy iLife to get the newest version of garageband or re-buy the app yet again in the Mac App Store for $14.99. Is this correct? My Macbook pro is less than a year old and I have to buy garageband all over again in order to import a song from my ipad 2?

If that's the case, that is really a lame situation apple has going on.

2. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

That is very lame, they should have just released an update for garageband that would allow you to do this. Oh well, not much you can do but pay the $15.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's funny how the iOS app store has set the bar so low for the cost of programs. There was a time most of us wouldn't think twice about spending $14 on software.

4. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't mind spending the 14 bucks, but it just sort of irks me that I have to buy the same program again that I bought less than a year ago just for one other feature.

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Do you have iLife 09 or 11. If you have 09, then yeah, tough luck. If you have 11, get the update from Software Update.