Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bulldog VII, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi

I need to urgently record a speech that I will have to give & I want to put it onto my ipod.

Someone has said that I can do this with garage band, but I don't know how.

Does any one have any ideas. I plan to use the internal microphone on the imac

Thanks

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ok depending on your version there should be a PLUS (+) sign in its own little grey box! Click on this and there should be a box pop up that asks if you want to add a software instrument or a real instrument,

Since your voice is real select real! you can now click record and speak into the internal microphone from the comfort of your seat.

You may want to record in segments incase it crashes or anything like that! and save regularly.

When your done you should be either able to 'share' to itunes or 'file -> export' to mp3 or 'file -> save as' mp3!

Im sorry I cant be more precise but i Dont have garageband on this particular computer!

Hope this helps!

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Right, open garageband, in preferences (Picture 1)

Click the audio & loops tab, and make sure audio input is set to "built in mic" (Picture 1)

Then click track and click "new basic track" (Picture 2)

Select that track and click the record button, that'll start it recording, to stop recording press the recording button again (Picture 3)

To export for ipod, click share and send songs to itunes, depending on whether you have Garageband 08 or 06, this menu should come up (Picture 4)

Click export if it does (don't worry if it doesn't), and itunes will open, itunes will then play the file, simply drag and drop the file from the playlist itunes puts it in and onto your ipod.

Hope that helps you out :)

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

trumped my guide any-day!

Well Done!