Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I've been having no problem with my 3G since the day it came out, but recently(read: today) it started giving me trouble.

I got a call from my mother who is also an AT&T user, and I couldn't hear a word she said past "Hi!" until the call finally ended and my phone said "Call Failed" as if there were no service. I had full 3G service.

We tried the call again, except this time I called her, same deal. So she called me from her landline, and I still lost the call.

I tried hard-resetting and flicking airplane mode on and off to reset the radios and carried on my day.

I just got a call from a friend that went through alright, but then 10 minutes later I got another call which had the same symptoms before.

My service strength has not dropped below 4 bars or even full service during these times.

I'm on 2.2 and have a white 16GB 3G. Has this been a common problem lately? I'm also located just north of Boston, MA, if that matters.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.