Garden Design for G5 Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andyjack, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Andyjack macrumors newbie

Hi all
    I recently upgraded my gear, and passed my 2.0Ghz G5 iMac onto my sister. It's running 10.4.11 Tiger.

She would like to use it to design her new garden, preferably in 3D - Something like Sketchup, but as Sketchup is now gone to version 8, it is no longer compatible with her version of OS X.

Does anyone know if i can still get hold of Sketchup 7 anywhere?

Does anyone know of anything similar, that will run on a G5 running Tiger? doesn't have to be free, but not megabucks either.

thanks in anticipation... :)

Andy

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Andyjack thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, however, the only old versions that seem to be available for download are 8 hour evaluations of SketchUp Pro, which then prompt me to buy a licence. I was hoping for a compatible free version of Sketch Up.

"Note: We only provide support and downloads for the latest version of Google SketchUp (free) and versions 6, 7 and 8 of Google SketchUp Pro."

through your link though, I have found the Forums at Sketch Up, so I'll have a fish around in there for a solution.
    If I resolve it, I'll post an update here . . .

4. Andyjack thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, so I haven't got to the end of the 8 hours yet, and was receiving prompts to buy while I was still in evaluation mode. I also assumed that the Pro download was the wrong thing and couldn't find a Free download anywhere.

looking on the forum, I've discovered (which the previous poster here may well have known) that apparently, once the evaluation period is up, Sketch Up will revert to the free version and keep working.

So, hopefully that will be the case once I get my sister installed with it on my old Tiger.

thanks again.
    A