Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Just caught this one. The older crowd here will definitely remember him from Laugh-In. I was only 2 when the show was cancelled, so I don't remember it at all. However, my generation and those born in the 80s will definitely remember him as announcer on Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Blue Falcon from DynoMutt, and Space Ghost.. All you Ren & Stimpy fans will remember him as Powdered Toast Man.

Great voice.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ens-rowan-and-martins-laugh-in-announcer-dies

Gary Owens, 'Rowan And Martin's Laugh-In' Announcer, Dies
February 13, 2015 7:05 PM ET
Eyder Peralta

Gary Owens, the voice-over star known as the announcer on Rowan And Martin's Laugh-In, died on Thursday at his home in the Los Angeles area.

NPR member station KPCC reports that Owens parlayed his role on Laugh-In into a long career of voice-over work. KPCC adds:
"Owens hosted thousands of radio programs over his seven-decade career. He appeared in more than a dozen movies and on scores of TV shows, including Lucille Ball and Bob Hope specials. He also voiced hundreds of animated characters, recorded a comedy album and wrote two books."
Variety reports that Owens lent his voice to 3,000 cartoons, including Space Ghost, "Blue Falcon, Roger Ramjet, Powdered Toast Man and even Batman."

Owens was 80-years-old.

BL.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I remember Gary Owens quite well along with Laugh In.

RIP to real standard in an era that brings me fond memories of variety shows and fun TV shows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.