Gas By Numbers, Fuel Calculator

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mike73, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Mike73 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gas-by-numbers/id531541048?mt=8

I made Gas By Numbers as an easy to use Gas consumption and Gas efficiency calculator.

Enter the travelled distance, enter the amount of gas you refilled and optionally, enter the price per Liter/Gallon of gas.

You get the results right at the pump.

You can save the data for later review on your iPhone or iPod or you can export your data to your Mac or PC.

You can even enter older data by using the same steps as described above but by entering a date from the past (maybe from an old receipt) once you get to the point where you save your data and get prompted whether you want to save the data for the current day or for a different date.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Interesting take. Do you have an export function to excel by chance?

Also, are you able to input excel files?

3. Mike73 thread starter macrumors newbie

Data is being exported as tab delimited .txt file. So you can just open the file with excel on a PC or Mac and with Numbers on a Mac. It automatically imports the file properly (at least it did so on my machines). I probably should have put this higher up in my app description :)

I also thought about importing files from PC/Mac to the app on a phone, but the file would need to be in a certain format. So I didn't want to include this just yet.

4. Mike73 thread starter macrumors newbie

New update to version 1.2

I have updated Gas By Numbers to Version 1.2.

With this update I have added French, Spanish and German.
    I will also release a free version soon.

If you already have Gas By Numbers and find any bugs or typos in any language, I would appreciate your feedback.

5. Mike73 thread starter macrumors newbie