Gateway FHD2400 Review

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cuestakid, Jan 22, 2008.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

So after a long thought process I went out and bought this monitor. I have to say that it is magnificent-I had to crank up the brightness and contrast to suit my liking but other than that it is great-my only complaint so far is insanely minor-there was no component video cables included-other than that it looks great with my mac

On a seperate note-can someone tell me why Mac OS sees two monitors as two seperate views instead of one extended one like in windows?

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

You can change how the second display works under "Displays" in System Preferences.

3. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

In the display preferences you can position the screen wherever you want around the side/top/bottom of the primary display. The screen then extends across that. I think the default it places the second screen is to the right of the primary.

4. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

i have tried playing with the settings but if i select an image for a background on the gateway, the other monitor (a 19 in dell) the image does not spread across both monitors-is this possible with my setup?

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

If you want the same wallpaper on both screens, open up "Desktop & Screensaver" preferences. A window should open up on the Gateway & the Dell where you can select the same wallpaper for each of them.

Often times you can find dual display wallpapers (essentially 2 images that have been setup to scale across two screens). All you do then is just setup each wallpaper on their respective screen.

6. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

the latter is exactally what I want to do-but i cant find them-all i can find is one really large image-i can't seem to find an image that is split up into two pieces.