gave 3GS to sis do i need to call AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMaconApple, Aug 9, 2010.

1. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

ok now that i have my iphone 4..i gave my lil sis my iphone 3GS she in a family plan im solo on mine shes on att.. i put her sim card in everything works just the cell data pops up saying needs data plan but she already has a data plan on her phone is a samsung impression has internet...do i need to call AT&T to have them configure the network?

also she has unlimited data...will she fall on the data pro/new data plan? can she keep her unlimited data?

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

She is the one that will need to contact AT&T, because it is her plan. She will also have to change the data plan. She will have to add one of the iPhone plans.

She may be able to keep her unlimited, but don't quote me on that. I'm not sure if the Samsung is considered a smartphone. If it is, she will be able to be grandfathered. I just started my daughter with my old, original iPhone from the Impression. That phone was nothing but trouble. Had it replaced by AT&T warranty twice for software issues.

3. iMaconApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i asked about this when i got my iphone 4 at the att store the guy said if its a smart phone just pop in the sim..but i guess i will have to call them to config the network setting for the data plan...

thanks