iPad mini Gave my Mini a Hernia!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jimbo1mcm, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Ok, I am spoiled because I have a new rMBP with lots of Ram and a SSD. But I REALLY like the Mini. I will use it when I travel. On my MBP, I use Chrome and have lots of tabs ready to be selected. Very easy. I like Atomic Web Browser on the Mini. It kind of emulates Chrome with the tabs on the Mini. It has lots of settings to customize the browser. I bookmarked about 8 or 9 websites and set it to open when the Mini turns on. Well, it takes a long time and uses up all the RAM. I have an app called Free Memory and it shows only about 15mb RAM left when stuff is open. So now I just changed the startup on Atomic to my Home Page and when I want to change websites, I just use the Bookmark tab. Even with the RAM limitations, this is a great little device. I would highly recommend it. The screen is very usable. Of course not as good as my rMBP, but in about 3 seconds after you turn it on, you get used to it. Books are great on it. If you have any doubt, go for it. Do not try and wait on a retina version. You can always get rid of the first gen and get another one. Also, remember to turn on multigestures in settings and you can just use a four or five finger grab to get back to your start screen instead of hitting the button.

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why not add this to one of the 50 other iPad mini threads? Glad you like it.