Gave up on ACD bought new Dell 2408WFP!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skinzy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. skinzy macrumors newbie

As with most people who bought a new mac pro I was very disappointed that they did not introduce new displays. In stead of waiting for some unknown future release I just ordered the new Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP just released. Has great specs. and good warranty-3yr.

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

A slight disappointment is that I was hoping the 2408wfp would feature the 3008wfp and 2707wfp design. Oh well - it's still better than the ACD for actually getting it in a placement which doesn't cause you neckache.

3. supercooled macrumors 6502a

From various posts I've seen, it still has the same dated plastic enclosure of the 2407. Has there been any new pictures released of this thing? I thought they are transitioning to the new 2707/3008 look? If you could afford a Mac Pro, I would suggest you at the very least consider upgrading to a 30" display. It really is like going from a Mac Mini to a Mac Pro!

4. asencif macrumors 6502

I have to say it is a quite impressive display at least on the input side. It comes with an HDMI port, HDMI audio port, 1 DVI-D with HDCP, 1 regular DVI-D, component, and VGA. That makes this monitor very flexible, especially for those having more than one machine and also want to connect a PS3/XBox 360 with HDMI. I know the ACD's are more professional oriented, but they are in need of a serious upgrade feature wise.

5. nemrod macrumors member

nemrod

I'm in the same situation, fed up waiting for a new release of ACD and thinking about this DELL but it seems to have a lots of problem (Colors, input lags...)

6. friarbayliff macrumors regular

Nice display. I've always been a fan of the displays Dell has to offer.

7. meerestier macrumors newbie

8. eyecool macrumors regular

Same boat here too.. Going to the apple store today to look at the ACDs again, this time with the intent to purchase. I can't go more than the 23" budget wise. If I'm not feeling the impulse, I'm going to pick up a 24" 8bit MVA panel from Westinghouse (yuck) that is $500 less or maybe go for the 2408... I JUST DONT KNOW and am tired of screwing with monitors.