Gazelle Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chumburro2U, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

I contacted Gazelle to sell my iPhone 4. When they send me the box to ship out my iPhone do I just have to take out the sim card and place it in its original box for shipment to Gazelle? Sorry if this is a dumb question because on their website it states that I have to deactivate my line prior to shipping, but if I do that then I lose my grandfathered data plan. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

2. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

When you ship your old iPhone to Gazelle just keep your sim card and use it for your new iPhone 4S. As long as you do not call and cancel your service with AT&T, you will not loose your Unlimited data plan. The SIM card simply identifies your account to AT&T and its association with the phone.

Sim:
    Subscriber
    Identifier
    Module

3. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

That warning is mainly for CDMA phones, since removing them from your account is more involved than just popping out the SIM. You don't have anything to worry about in your situation.

4. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Can you please report back on the whole process after you are done with this?

5. Chumburro2U thread starter macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

Thank You

Thanks for the heads up! :apple:

6. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

I've used Gazelle.com to sell all of my previous iPhones and many macs. The transaction is simple.

Go to Gazelle.com and fill out the information.
    Choose your payment type.
    Wait for the email with your shipment info.
    Send your devices
    Wait for your money.

The whole process takes about 10 days to completely get paid.

They are a good resource for selling your used gadgets.

7. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Have you looked at the ebay special?

Today only, they are offering more money than gazelle - as much as @290 on a 16gb iPhone 4... $350 on a 32gb....

I thought gazelle only sends you $200 or so

8. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I also recommend clicking "Erase All Content and Settings" before sending it in. I know Gazelle says they'll wipe all data from it, but better safe than sorry.

9. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Well, eBay is far better in terms of brining in a higher price. But I can see how those who are unfamiliar with it would choose a service like Gazelle.

I've read a lot of reviews about them not offering you the price they quoted before you send your device in. Has this happened in your experience?

10. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

This is an instant sale program - not an auction - no fees deducted...

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I noticed with a couple of minor scratches on the back Gazelle offers $186.00

Another company called hellototem

Is offering $234.00 for the same 16GB AT&T iPhone 4.

Anybody have experience with the hello totem place ?

12. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Actually I have had an iPhone I sold to them as "Good" and they actually gave me a little more for it when they received it. I have also had them give a little less on a Damaged iPhone 1 due to the mute switch not working correctly. All in all I take care of my stuff and I am honest with their condition when I present it to Gazelle.com.

I just like it because I can get it done quickly. Plus, I submitted my sale to them back on September 21, and am getting $330 for my 32GB iPhone 4 and $220 for my wires 16GB iPhone 4 with some damage on it. Glad for the 30 day guarantee on their offers!
    :apple:

13. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I'm planning on selling my iP4 to Gazelle. I was looking at Apple's trade in offer but I don't want a gift card after I've puchased a iP4S. Paying me via PayPal works great. I have a PP debit card and can use it however I like.

I've sold quite a bit of electronics, including my 3G and 3GS via eBay but doing this hassel free (hopefully) makes it more attractive.