gb and gbc support on gpsphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by BassistKing1, Jan 18, 2008.

1. BassistKing1 macrumors member

is it possible to play gb and gbc games on gpsphone?

2. Darkjenso macrumors regular

try it and find out, then tell us if it works or not,

The chances are that it wont, the only reason that the BG games work on the GBA is that the GBA has 2 processors speaking 2 languages. one is the ARM(7 i think, its been a while) which is the processor for the GBA games and another smaller ARM processor for the older games, Most emulators are designed to act as an emulator of a processor not the actual console, so unless GPSphone has been written to support both, it wont work.

Still, try it and find out

3. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

was my bump deleted??

O well. I ask the same question, because having tried, i could say that it doesn't work...
    The emulator just crashes and it goes back to the home screen. I looked all over the net for a solution, but i don't think it is possible, unless someone finds out a way of transposing the code.

Can anyone help?? I've tried changing the file type to .gba, but nothing happens.

4. BassistKing1 thread starter macrumors member

yea, i also tried changing the extension from gb/gbc to gba, and it didnt work. i guess maybe a gb/gbc emulator needs to be written then?

5. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

i think so....

I don't really understand why the gba hasn't been coded to emulate what the gba was really like: gb/gbc emulator as well....

anyway :rolleyes:

6. buckycat36 macrumors newbie