GB Problems LF Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WilliamGW, Sep 17, 2015.

1. WilliamGW macrumors newbie

(in advantage my english is really bad, young and from Denmark)
    Hey guys, i really need your help. I just cleaned up my mac and i just cant figure out why there is still 55,2 GB of movies (film). I really have no clue, i really need your help. Can you recommend any clean up programs or anything like that because it suck to only have like 8 gb left. :)))
    fyi: Andet = Other. Fotografier = photographies. Progammer = progams. Lyd = Sound.
    Skærmbillede 2015-09-17 kl. 20.58.28.png

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Yosemite has a bug that can cause it to show wrong information in the Storage graphic. To fix it you need to reindex Spotlight (be patient it can take some time).
    Run the below command in Terminal to reindex Spotlight:
    sudo mdutil -E /

3. WilliamGW thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man. But if it only "shows" wrong information why cant i download more? Hope u get my point, cant rly express myself on english. Anyways can you link a guide or something on how to reindex Spotlight? Thanks man, appreciate it

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Launch the Terminal app in your Utilities folder (Applications>Utilities).
    Copy and paste:
    sudo mdutil -E
    into the Terminal app window, hit enter, and then Quit the Terminal app.

Be patient because it can take many hours for Spotlight to finish indexing your drive (depending on how much you have on your drive). The Mac will probably feel sluggish during reindexing as the mdworker and mds processes run and consume a lot of CPU and cause a lot of disk activity. You can launch the Activity Monitor app (also in the Utilities folder) to check the CPU usage and that mdworker and mds are running.