Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bassjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
I'm pretty sure I know the answer already (buy Logic for $200), but is there any way to record 2 tracks, specifically 2 midi tracks, in GB at the same time?

I can definitely play two midi keyboards at the same time in MainStage, but I haven't figured out a way to record two midi tracks in GB simultaneously. I'm pretty sure it's not possible, just wanted to check with anyone else who might know. Thanks.

Sheller

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
Toronto
Not sure about midi specifically, but you can definitely multi-track on GB. Just go to the "Track" menu at the top, scroll down to "track header" and then select "show record enable button". Then just enable the tracks you want to record to.

bassjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
Yeah, pretty sure you can do audio tracks that way, though I don't currently own a multi-I/O audio interface. I'm specifically looking for a way to record two different midi tracks at one time, but I'm guessing it's not possible. Thanks.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
How are you plugging in the midi device? I've done it before with just one in through my audio interface. I just split the key region that each software instrument would work with the midi keyboard and you're able to just click the record button on both midi and it should record both

bassjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
I'm using a little Emu 2x2 midi interface with two separate keyboards plugged into it. In MainStage, this is no problem, I can play both keyboards with their different sounds simultaneously. However, I don't see a way in GB to assign one midi track as channel 1, then a 2nd midi track as channel 2, to record simultaneously.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Do both inputs show up when you are adding a new track? There should be two inputs as long as you are selecting the right input device. Then you should be able to click the record button on both of them and record them simultaneously

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.