gba roms i need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by trevorriseling, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorriseling macrumors newbie

ok so i downloaded the emulater and at first i used ishare to download the roms and it work ok not great so i looked up a repo for the installer and i found one that worked so i did that and when i download my first game i took away my ishare ones i downloaded and replaced it with the one i download i was ok with not not happy but ok then i tryed to download more games and they downloaded but the stoped showing up

plz can any one help

-trevor

2. aaronrivera93 macrumors newbie

whats the source for the installer? Sorry Im not helping but I cant find any sources that work.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

OK, first off, ROM downloads are potentially illegal (in most places, you have to own the original game, but in some cases I don't think even that is sufficient for some reason), so linking to them here is probably frowned upon.

Secondly, please write in clear English so we have some idea what's working or not working and can actually offer useful advice on the problem. I have no idea what you're trying to ask us/tell us.

jW

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Uhhh...

Kinda hard to understand you... but ill try me best.

So, you got the GBA Roms from that website, now put them in the /var/root/media/ROMs/ folder (I think... the GBA app should tell you) using my SSH Tutorial..

5. trevorriseling thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i first used i share to download roms in the folder /var/root/media/ROMs/GBA
    and that worked ok but then i found a repo for GBA roms and i thought that mite be a lil easyer to use so i did that and when i down loaded one of the roms from that it said it put it in the folder /var/root/media/ROMs/GBA and when i went to to the GBA emulater it only showed the one game i downloaded even tho i had all the other roms in the same folder.

and side note some of the roms i downloaded from the repo wont show up in the gba emulater either

-trevor

6. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

That took me literally 15 minutes to puzzle out what exactly your are trying to say. PLEASE use proper grammar, and punctuation. PLEASE.

Anywho, you said
    Well did you check? It's quite plausible the ROM app you installed overwrote the other ROMs.

7. trevorriseling thread starter macrumors newbie

ok sry bout the bad gramer im not the best in my english. lol but idk i would like to know if there is a way to un over right the roms so i can use the ones i downloaded using ishare

8. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Put them back in... (Using whatever you used in the first place)

9. trevorriseling thread starter macrumors newbie

i use the mobile finder thing. and when i go to /var/root/media/ROMs/GBA all the roms i downloaded from ishare are there still there but the roms i downloaded from the repo arnt. and most the roms from the repo are in the emulater but the roms from i share arnt in the emulater

plz bare with my gramer lol

-trevor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.