iPod touch GBA ROMs Installer Source

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Slip, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Just came across this on iPod Touch Hacks. It's a enables you to add GBA ROMs via Installer, similar to the way Bigboss Pack works for NES ROMs. Also in the source is the gba_bios file which is required for the emulator to work.

How to install:
    1) Go to Installer and touch Sources

2) Hit Edit in the top right corner and then Add in the top left

3) Enter http://gbarepo.servegame.com as the source address

4) Hit OK and it will refresh the newly added source

5) Go to the Install tab of Installer, scroll down to GBA Roms and all of the available ROMs will be listed

6) Choose the ROM you want to install and hit Install

7) Hit Home, slide to unlock and fire up gpSPhone and start the newly installed game

I just installed a few games in this manner and all's working well.
    There also a source for PSX games for use with psx4all emulator: http://psxrepo.servegame.com and is installed using the above method

Note: I do not condone the use and distribution of copyrighted material in this way or any damage caused by using these ROMs, in a word, it has nothing to do with me if all goes tits up. This is aimed to be purely informative

2. HackerAlert macrumors newbie

Hey guys it's me, the person who runs these repo's

We really need a new server, the one we were on, well the repo used 200GB a day so it couldn't handle it..We need to raise money so we can get an offshore dedicated server, what will cost us around 250 a month, the adsense on the page helps us too =].

Please donate if you can, or if you know anyone who would be willing to support us, please spread the word etc, we just need funding for this month, and I guess adsense in the next months mixed with tiny bit of donations will help us keep the server alive.

If you visit the repo on you're browser, or Safari, you will be redirected to the new server page..We still getting a few thousand unique hits a day

Thank you, now I must go to all the other forums that happen to refer to my website..

3. Bitter macrumors member

Is this why I do not see the GBA repo in my Install list anymore?

Bitter.

4. HackerAlert macrumors newbie

Yes, that would be why.

Enter the repo URL into your browser for more info

5. AndrewVenner macrumors member

For some reason these sources do not work anymore. Does anyone know why?

6. HackerAlert macrumors newbie

Yes, I've already said why. Go to the URL of the repo, enter it into your browser..

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it just shows how people just cant be bothered to read a post from the creator of a repo and ask such a silly question :rolleyes:

8. Nbcnews49 macrumors newbie

what is the new site? the old one comes up with an error and i cant find the roms...