gba4iOS works perfectly with iPhone 6 / iOS 8!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iParis, Sep 20, 2014.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So without having to do any updates, the GBA emulator, that I thought was shutdown a couple months ago, was successfully installed on my iPhone 6 without any issues. I honestly thought it wasn't going to work, but alas, just as simple as when I installed it on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6.

2. Hal~9000, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Edit: see post #13 below

Now if the accessory manufactures could just get up off their collective asses and make a decent MFI bluetooth controller with a fold out slot to hold your iPhone in place while you play... then we'd be in business!

p.s. virtual controls suck :(

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

4. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Don't they have those, or are they all crappy quality?

There have been for a while. Mostly it was just with jailbreaking, but they released one for iOS 7 where you didn't have to be jailbroken. Surprisingly the install worked just as easily on my iPhone 6.

http://www.gba4iosapp.com/download/

5. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I remember when I got my first gen ipod touch I jailbroke to get emulators but I had no idea any were actually on the app store now officially, thats cool.

6. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

They aren't in the app store. You install it via Safari. Trust me, Apple doesn't approve.

7. iSkythe macrumors regular

iSkythe

Just wait for the upcoming 2.1 update; it'll be optimized for the iPhone 6 (Plus), with a lot more features too (like multiplayer!).

Source: I'm the developer :)

8. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I didn't even know you could do that lol. I knew cydia and stuff could be installed from browser and you could be jailbroken via browser, but I never knew certain apps could be installed like that, or that it was ever done.

9. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Really? Hell yeah! I mean, I just have the 6, but you guys will be optimizing the app for the 6 display as well, right? And did you expect it to install on the new iPhones so easily?

10. iSkythe macrumors regular

iSkythe

Yes, it will be optimized for both the 6 and the 6 Plus :) And I wouldn't see why it wouldn't install on the new phones, because it's been installing fine for everyone else on iOS 8 (which I made sure to test during the betas). Unless Apple really hated me and made the new devices specifically disable access to GBA4iOS, but I don't think they hate me quite that much :p

11. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Hmm. ETA on 2.1 by chance?

12. iSkythe macrumors regular

iSkythe

Well, certainly not until after I receive my T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus, which from the looks of things seems to be a while....

13. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon :eek:

This one just came out 3 days ago! :D
    http://toucharcade.com/2014/09/17/moga-rebel-controller-review/

[​IMG]

Before this one no other MFI controller had both:
    - bluetooth connection (a lot had you plug it in via the lightning port)
    - a fold out slot to hold your phone while you play (like in the above picture)