Gcal + iCal Always in Sync on Macbook, iPod Touch and Google Calendar?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Oct 17, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

My life is essentially on Google. I'm glad to have sync'd my Gmail with MAIL on my Macbook and MAIL on my iPod Touch using IMAP. They're always in sync which I love.

Now I'd love to implement the same thing in regards with my Google Calendar.

Over in the iPod Touch forum I utilized a method using NuevaSync and now my Gcal is synced up on my iPod Touch. If I make any changes on my calendar whether i'm on Google.Calendar.com or on my iPod Touch's Calendar App, the changes will be seen on each separate location. This is great but would finally love to be able to have my iCAL on my Macbook to always be in sync.

How can I do this?

I added my private calendar addresses provided from Gcal into my iCal. I set it up so it will check for updates every few hours which is great, but i'm wondering how I can get any events I add within iCal, into my iPod Touch but mainly my Gcal...since Gcal is the main area that updates my iPod Touch.

2. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hmm

How can I do this? Does a
    Apple have it? Google? 3rd party? God?

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

4. mpshay macrumors 6502

yep nothing special required, just follow the above suggestion and then tell itunes to sync calendar to your ipod touch

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

i did and it's working great! thanks!

Not sure if i'd need to tell itunes to sync ical to my ipod touch since gcal is the primary calendar where itouch and ical sync to IT. iono, still ill try it. thanks!

6. consumedsoul macrumors regular

www.spanningsync.com