GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by dbrayford, Dec 20, 2010.

1. dbrayford macrumors member

I am getting the following error message GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file main.m) after moving from a 10.5 OS to a 10.6 OS.

I am sure it is just a setting in xcode that needs to be changed, but not sure which one. I've changed the project settings base SDK to 10.6, but this doesn't fix the problem.

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I suggest searching the project *and* target settings for 10.4. There's probably a stray override of the base SDK somewhere.

3. MacOSExustio macrumors newbie

Ah, I just got this error and it turned out to be the target settings.. Now for the $64,000 question - why does the difference exist at all? Or (especially since the project I am working with has only one target) isn't there an option somewhere "logical" to change both settings at once?

4. firewood macrumors 604

The Target settings override the Project settings. They allow you to have multiple targets in one project.

e.g. you might build one app for 10.6, and another app for 10.4, each with its own customized target and target settings, all inside one project since they share all the source code files. The project settings will be the default if you add yet another new target (for OS X 10.8, etc.)