Gear Recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by grooveattack, Jul 26, 2011.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

The DV 7000 is nice. I have the same for my Canon HV30. The head will be too weak for a D60 with some real glass in front. Screwed mine up with a fully decked Sony A1.

Check out WeiFeng 717. It is a Chinese Manfrotto clone, but very solid, with a very smooth head.

3. legreve, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Dont hold back your money on the tripod, you get what you pay for. Personally I would never go under the Manfrotto 058B with a proper 3-way head... Since it's for video I would even go as far as saying you NEED to get one with horisontal suspenders. If you're shooting on uneven ground, choose one where the suspenders are place in the center. If you're shooting on even ground... choose one where they are at the bottom.

Glidetrack.... get anything that's smooth. Check out dvxuser and cinema5d. They have nice DIY sections. Or buy RigWheels...

4. musique macrumors regular

musique

The best camera will take video that will be as steady as the tripod it's on. A quality fluid head as well as a secure set of legs will make a considerable difference in the final product.

dvxuser has a tripod sticky you might want to review.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?121274-Official-Tripod-F.A.Q-s/

Don't forget to consider the weight of the camera, lens, monitor, audio gear and/or any other things you may want to load onto the tripod in the future.

Good luck.