Gear S2 and iPhone... Not working?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I've seen plenty of vids with the iPhone easily setting up via Bluetooth with an iPhone. Well, no matter what I do, my iPhone 6s+ will not see the Gear S2. I have reset the watch numerous times and tried on both ios9 and ios10 with the iPhone to no avail.

Does anyone with a Gear S2 have theirs connected to an iPhone?

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

It worked with my 6S+ when I tested it on iOS9. S2 Classic wifi only version. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Gear app.

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

There is no gear app that I can find for iOS??? I'm strictly trying to connect via Bluetooth as per the videos I've seen.

If there is a gear app for iOS, do you have a link?

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

My bad, I forgot it was a sideloaded client gear app, not the from Samsung themselves. I'll try to find the link for you later on. I think I downloaded it from demonoid. That was the only way I got my S2 to work, but there are probably other ways.

5. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Ok, got ya. Thought maybe I was going crazy.

6. HappyJB macrumors member

Hi, you could try the leaked app, that would work fine with iPhone 6s+ according to following site
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s2/general/gear-s2-iphone-remarks-t3259155/page74
    comment number #735 provides the link (I am not sure if that is a working link or not)

It did not work for my SE, but others there are saying it works for 5S, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+. For me, I had to become a beta tester.

7. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Awesome! Thank you for the link. Once I got the ipa file, I was able to get the app side loaded into iTunes and then the phone. The only trick is to add Samsung as a trusted developer in the iPhone settings. After that, the watch is working perfectly with my iPhone. Couldn't be happier. Thank you again for the link!