Gears of war 2 is trash

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by willd, Nov 10, 2008.

1. willd macrumors newbie

okay gears 2 is ****ing trash and yes im a gears fan i played the first one and i found myself to be pretty decent at it. I just want to hear what anybody has to say about this pile of **** disquised as a video game...???????

2. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

What's wrong with it? I didn't play the first one, so I can't compare.

3. lurcher macrumors regular

lurcher

I haven't played the second one yet so can't comment, but you can't just say it's trash without giving reasons! Unless of course you just wanna kick up a stink on here ;)

So what's wrong with it then?

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

This belongs in the aptly titled Console Games sub-forum, where there is already a GoW2 thread. The search function is your friend, don't let it scare you ;)

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This is so legendary, it deserves a thread of its very own. Thread moved. ;)

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Hmm... nice descriptive, helpful post actually explaining why you hate it... :p.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So why do you dislike it? I don't like the series so far but I'm interested to see how it fares compared to the first, especially from someone who dislikes the second (rather like me and the Halo series :p).

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

do tell.

Hows is this game worse than the first?

Looks better, controls tighter (though still rather loosey goosey with the sticking to cover) and has bigger badder guns. Other than that, it's the same game. If you liked the first one I fail to see how you can HATE this one. Maybe you prefer the first one, but Epic certainly didn't break Gears 2.

9. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed. This game Really isn't that much different than the Original other than some new weapons, new characters, continuation of the story Line, and some additions to the online play. If you Like the first game you should like this one.

So why do you think it is "trash"?

:D

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If its got the same overall gameplay, with updated graphics and a few new goodies, with a good storyline. THATS HOW YOU MAKE A SEQUEL!

I dont personally play but I watch my friends and so far the storylines been awesome.

11. willd thread starter macrumors newbie

the shotgun is not consistent it is weak and terrible

the chainsaw is unstoppable

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

so different weapons have different strengths and weaknesses in order to vary gameplay?!?!

For shame Gears developers, for shame

:rolleyes:

13. Macjames macrumors 6502a

HaHa this is classic

did you get murdered on xbox live or something?

14. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

If you think it's garbage, I'll happily take your copy. PM me and I'll give you my address :cool:

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Mmm looks like we have a controversy troll whore.

OP! comes in, makes a sweeping statement without any written analysis of why they have come to that said conclusion, leaving us only one obvious line of reasoning.. as if it was to 'incite' people and troll....

Then they continue the thread with odd little one line sentences just to drag this moribund thread further and further into the wasteland it so really long's to reside within....

THIS THREAD IS TRASH!!!

16. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

QFT.

17. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Just too much chainsaw is going on and agreed that the shotgun sucks badly and needs a patch. I was in this game and every single kill throughout the game was CHAINSAW. SUCKS! Plus matchmaking is horrible where you sit down waiting for ages till u get into the game.

18. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I think people need to realize that this is a different game. This isn't Gears 1 with with some new modes and maps. In Gears 1 the shotgun basically owned everything. No tactics were used you just ran in and started hip firing. In Gears 2 the gameplay, in my opinion, is more tactical. You need to work with your team in order for a victory. Use proximity mines, don't rush people when they are shooting you with the lancer, use body shields and so on.

I see Gears 2 as a new game, and as with any new game there is a learning curve. We'll all get the hang of it eventually.

That said, I think the chainsaw does need to be toned down. You need to be vulnerable when you rev it up. As of now, people are just rushing you with it and sometimes even shooting them doesn't make them lower it. Hopefully that is fixed soon.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well Gears 2 is the same game as one so if you liked the original gears then I don't see how you can't like this one.

I guess everyone is entitle to their own opinion but In the future...explain why you think its trash and people won't give you much grief.

Bless

20. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Ok...

I have GOW and love it.

GOW2 is really trash.

My opinion may change when I get a chance to sit down and open up and play my copy... :eek:

21. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

GeOW2 is a piece of crap compared to LittleBigPlanet.

That is all.

22. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

[​IMG]

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

wait, are you guys complaining about matchmaking or the campaign?

Ive always hated GOW matchmaking, I LOVED the storyline.

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I heard the online multiplayer sucks bacon bits but I'm not interested in multiplayer....just horde and single player.

I still haven't open up the game but I might give it a go tonight...If I can cram my fingers away from SOCRACK: Confrontation.

Bless

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

what? lol

not same console
    not same genre
    not same game

what is your point again?