Geekbench Score A LOT slower on partitioned Hard Drive??????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tears2040, Sep 13, 2010.

1. tears2040 macrumors 6502

I partitioned my HD and ran a boot from that disk. When I go and run a geekbench score I am getting 2400+ range as opposed to my 5800+ range I get on my normal boot up section?

Thoughts?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

if you formatted and reinstalled after the partition it could be because the OS is now located on an a lot slower part of the disk.

why partition?

3. tears2040 thread starter macrumors 6502

The parition was done because I cloned my Hard Drive from my laptop, which has all kind of Pro Apps that was given to me from my school ( Full Sail )

Many of these disc I no longer have ( but I do have all serial #s ) so this was the reason.

Any help here?

4. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Eh.

Theoretically it should not matter because Geekbench measures CPU and memory performance, not hard drive or video card.

Thinking: if you're running a virtual operating system I could see this slowdown but it doesn't make any sense why this is the case.

5. tears2040 thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly! Which is the reason it makes no sense to me. I partitioned my system drive and installed the cloned HD on the partition. When I run geekbench on the partition I get in the 2000+ range. When I boot from the regular syste, drive I get like 5800+

I just tried again, this makes no sense............