Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
London
So was wondering what people got on their Geekbench scores. Here’s what I got. Tested on my bros iPhone and he got a little bit higher but I’m assuming that’s normal.

I tested it on low power mode and it’s safe to say I got a heart attack as I thought that was what my phone was on. Turned out my bro said it was like that cos low power mode was on.

Attachments

• 169606A3-1C1B-47E6-A7F4-DC22EFD1C0AD.png
    169606A3-1C1B-47E6-A7F4-DC22EFD1C0AD.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 974
  • 520005D3-DAC5-41ED-9F6D-A43EF954A100.png
    520005D3-DAC5-41ED-9F6D-A43EF954A100.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 232

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
So was wondering what people got on their Geekbench scores. Here’s what I got. Tested on my bros iPhone and he got a little bit higher but I’m assuming that’s normal.

I tested it on low power mode and it’s safe to say I got a heart attack as I thought that was what my phone was on. Turned out my bro said it was like that cos low power mode was on.

Apple is most defiantly ahead of the competition in processors. The A11 Bionic is stupid fast and robust.

Sunnyday2017

Suspended
Nov 10, 2017
I to thought at one time the geekbench scores told me everything I needed to know about how much faster it was over the competition. But then I saw a number of geekbench scores lower on some phones that did very well if not better in most apps being open sooner than the iPhone. Yes, in games, the iPhone took the top spot. But for me I don’t do games on a small devise. So geekbench scores don’t mean much to me anymore. Opening and closing apps is some what important to me.

One example is the iPhone a plus compared to the note 8

Last edited:

1096bimu

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2017
It's funny and really not funny how the A11 is still faster than the SD835 while on low power mode....

And yes I know modern Android phones do decent in those app launching tests, honestly I'm happy for them I don't hate android or people who use Android. It's just that Android is able to do this because of the OS pre-load apps in RAM because they just have so much of it laying around. So even when the app is closed, they aren't running but the files are already loaded in RAM. It's how they get around both the deficiency in CPU performance and storage performance.

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I to thought at one time the geekbench scores told me everything I needed to know about how much faster it was over the competition. But then I saw a number of geekbench scores lower on some phones that did very well if not better in most apps being open sooner than the iPhone. Yes, in games, the iPhone took the top spot. But for me I don’t do games on a small devise. So geekbench scores don’t mean much to me anymore. Opening and closing apps is some what important to me.

One example is the iPhone a plus compared to the note 8

If you need to open safari and then close safari and then open safari and the. close safari with a stopwatch then yeah there’s probably not much difference.
If you want to export a video in under a minute vs 5 minutes then yeah.
Or if you want to still be using your phone in four years.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
How comparible are GeekBench scores from smartphone processors and computer processors?

I've got a Windows laptop with a few generations old i5-4210U

Here are my GeekBench scores:

Single-Core Score

Multi-Core Score

iPhone X beats it on both benchmarks! Crazy! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.