[Geektool] Geeklets lost off screen after migration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yetiboy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. yetiboy macrumors member

I've just purchased a new MacBook Pro and I've migrated my information from my previous computer. Unfortunately, my previous was a 17" and my new is a 13", so most of my geeklets are now off screen and I'm unable to access them. Is there any way to do this without a complete reinstall of Geektool and having to add each of the geeklets again? And if I DO reinstall, how do I prevent this from just reoccurring with the previously existing geeklets (ie. will their positions be preserved even after a reinstall?)

yeti

2. Betty Woo, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

Betty Woo macrumors newbie

Similar problem - can't reposition my geeklet. Anyone have an answer?

I noticed nobody's answered the OP.

I have GeekTool 3 and I haven't had to really play with the application for years since it's always just worked after I wrote my scripts.

But somehow my geeklet for the current time seems to have been shoved half-off my screen and I have to drag it back and damned if I can figure out how to do it.

I've had the same set-up since GeekTool 2 so I haven't had to fart around with GeekTool 3.

I'm even wondering if I can just downgrade back to GeekTool 2 (if I can even find it) on my Mavericks iMac.

Suggestions?

EDIT: I fixed the issue of the disappearing time geeklet. I went to http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/download.php and downloaded the latest version, hit 'refresh all geeklets now' and the time reappeared on my desktop.

That really doesn't help me figure out how to move a geeklet but I'm happy for now... .