Geektool items "lost off-screen"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wonderspark, Mar 4, 2010.

1. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

So, I just hooked up a 30" ACD, which is awesome, but while messing with display settings, my Geektool items went too far to the left of the first screen, and I can't get to them. I played around with screen sizing, and got a couple of the ones furthest to the right to peek into frame, where I could grab them. The other ones are just "lost in space," it seems.

Should I forget about them, or maybe trash and reinstall Geektool to either:
    a) see if they move back onscreen,
    b) delete them and start over, without concern that extra shells are floating out of sight...

Seems silly, I know. Mostly just annoying.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Are you not able to change the location by setting the coordinates manually?

3. wonderspark thread starter macrumors 68030

wonderspark

No, because in order to set the coordinates, you have to have the object selected. I was trying to figure out if I could somehow get to the object that way via the Properties panel, but it only shows the ones I can reach when I select them.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Are you using Geektool 2 or 3?
    I am using Geektool 2 and you can just select from the left column and enter your coordinates
    I am assuming you have Geektool 3 and it is different?

[​IMG]

5. wonderspark thread starter macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Ha, yes, using Geektool 3, which only has groups in that list... at least, I couldn't find a way to select the different pieces from that list you have in Geektool 2.

However, I did fix it! It might sound bizzare, but I went into display "arrangement" settings, and moved one display to the other side of the second display, and there they were. It was crazy, but my mouse arrow would leave the right side of the right screen, and show up on the left side of the left screen, so it was as if I was accessing some third screen, in a sense.

Weird!

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Excellent
    Glad you got it worked out
    Geektool 3 was causing me problems, so I went back to Geektool 2

Just for reference, we have a Geektool megathread in case you have other issues

Welcome to the Forums