GeekTool - Onyx reports that the startup volume needs to be repaired after GT install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by André M, Jul 22, 2009.

1. André M macrumors member

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon some threads mentioning GeekTool (GT) and I got quite curious about it. So I decided to install it and getting myself up and running with a Date and Time notifier in the middle of the desktop.

After installing that I ran my usual session of Onyx...which...to my suprise said that the startup volume needs to be repaired and told me to go to disk utils. and run the repair disk option from there.

Away to disk utils. I went and tried to verify the disk but it gave me errors that it couldn't complete the verification of the disk which doesn't unlock the repair option either.

The HD was formated right before the GT install and GT is the ONLY new program i've tried since I upgraded to this mac.

Is this a common problem, since the volume boots fine as it always has but giving me a volume error makes me nervous.

Any tips will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Edit: Going to reformat, again, to see if that makes any difference. Good that I don't have any special work on the computer....yet...

Edit2: Reformated and slept for 4 hours, going to install each app and run a check on the volume to see if there is anything else affecting it.

Edit3: Well the HD seems fine, a clean install and the volume seems ok...now to install and test apps.

Edit4: After installing xslimmer and I ran the startup volume check....it gave me the error again...

Edit5: After running disk util. from the leopard dvd it said that the startup volume is okay...

FIX: Running the leopard dvd and starting disk utils from there and repairing the disk worked without a flaw and since I've done that I've had no problems with the error I recieved before. (this worked for me, not guarantee that it will work for everybody)

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I have never heard of this before. I have GeekTool installed and everything works fine, just as before the install. Seems like more of a coincidence than anything.

3. André M thread starter macrumors member

No need to respond to this thread, figured it out myself.

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

You should post what worked for you so the next person who has this problems can search the forums for a solution.

5. André M thread starter macrumors member

Right you are, edited in the original post.