Geektool Problem: curl commands not visible

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SunDevil1981, Jun 1, 2011.

1. SunDevil1981 macrumors newbie

SunDevil1981

Hi all,

I installed Geektool 3 and get the time, date and some other things visible, even the yahoo weather icon...only the discription stays blank :( I activated "Display Status Feedback Image" to see if the connection is ok, it is...shown is nothing though.

I attached 2 pics, the first pic shows the properties for the shell.

The second one shows the yahoo weather icon and below should be the discription...you can see the status pic, which is green for ok.

I use this code (partly German, I copied it from a German Mac Forum and it should work):
    curl --silent "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=GMXX1652&u=c" | grep -E '(High' | sed -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<br \/>//' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//' -e 's/Fair/heiter/g' -e 's/Partly/teilweise/g' -e 's/Sunny/sonnig/g' -e 's/Mostly/meist/g' -e 's/Light/leichter/g' -e 's/Rain/Regen/g' -e 's/Showers/Schauer/g' -e 's/Shower/Schauer/g' -e 's/Showers in the Vicinity/Schauer in der Umgebung/g' -e 's/T-showers/Gewitter/g' -e 's/Thundershower/Gewitterschauer/g' -e 's/Heavy/starker/g' -e 's/Mostly/meist/g' -e 's/Scattered/vereinzelt/g' -e 's/Showers Late/abends Schauer/g' -e 's/AM/vormittags/g' -e 's/PM/nachmittags/g' -e 's/Clear/klar/g' -e 's/Cloudy/bedeckt/g' -e 's/Clouds/Wolken/g' -e 's/Wind/windig/g' -e 's/Few/wenige/g' -e 's/Thunderstorm/Gewittersturm/g' -e 's/Thunder/Gewitter/g' -e 's/Snow/Schnee/g' -e 's/Fog/Nebel/g' -e 's/Early/morgens /g' -e 's/Late/abends/g' -e 's/Drizzle/Niesel/g' -e 's/Isolated/isoliert/g' -e 's/Mix/wechselhaft/g' -e 's/Wintry/winterlich/g' -e 's/to/oder/g' -e 's/Mist/leichter Nebel/g' -e 's/Mon/Mo/g' -e 's/Tue/Di/g' -e 's/Wed/Mi/g' -e 's/Thu/Do/g' -e 's/Fri/Fr/g' -e 's/Sat/Sa/g' -e 's/Sun/So/g' -e 's/High/max/g' -e 's/Low/\- min/g' -e 's/\://g' -e 's/\./,/g' -e 's/\([0-9][0-9]*\)/&\°C/g'

I also tried other weather codes, but it seems than any "curl" code is not displayed.

Can anybody please help me? I use Mac OS 10.6.7

Many thanks in advance!!
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. SunDevil1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

SunDevil1981

3. SunDevil1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

SunDevil1981

The problem was the internet connection. In the office Geektool, somehow doesn't have an connection to the internet...maybe because of the proxy server.