Alright so first I will give you guys some background. I am a student at CU Boulder, planning on majoring in Broadcast Production. I do a lot of editing for both school and my own projects. I edit both HD (up to 1080p60) and SD content. I do some minor photoshopping and hope to get more into After Effects and Motion. I currently have a two and a half year old Macbook Pro which I never planned on being my sole editing machine through all of college, its decent but chokes up when attempting to edit HD content. I have around $2600 saved up as of now and plan to purchase a Mac Pro sometime in the somewhat near future. My questions- How likely is it that the next update will be much more than a spec bump ie. maybe usb 3.0 or fw3200 included? Do you guys think once I have enough money I should just buy one right away even if Apple hasn't announced anything? or wait and see... I will most likely get the 2.26 Octo with 8GB ram and the 4870 (using my developer discount which brings it to about 2900 or 3000) Thank you guys so much!